Eta 2834-2 behaves weird

Gaus

Have you demagnetised the watch and all your tools you are using to repair it? Are you using the correct oil? Making sure, you use the right amount on the escarpment.  Never oil the pivots on the pallets. Make sure the hairspring is nice and clean.

Inadequate data.   

Graph?                        Show top and side view close up video/ pix of the oscillator.   

Staff end shake?    Check if HS fouls itself, sticky, unlevel or touches the wheel/ cock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Gaus said:

See the picture. This is after cleaning and without motion/calenderwork. Dirty/sticky hs?

IMG_2245.JPG

Is this dial down? We already know dial up was good.

You did not disclose the end shake.

37 minutes ago, Gaus said:

See the picture. This is after cleaning and without motion/calenderwork. Dirty/sticky hs?

I'm not sure it makes any difference what way it's positioned when the graph looks like this, the suspicion OldHippy had from the beginning seems to have been spot on since this looks like a typical dirty/magnetized hairspring. 
Just a thought before doing anything else .. clean and demagnetize...

i have to say moving fast in vertical is not something you hear everyday. Sticking hairspring sound like obvious cause but i would suspect that if it was sticking you would have the same reading in the 12 down vertical position as well, assuming the hairspring is not out of shape. if it runs normal 12 down then closely inspect balance pivots, make sure they are not bent and the ends are domed and not faceted in any way. another good idea is to open case back place watch in the trouble position and use extreme magnification or slow motion feature with zoom on your phone if you have one, and check the coils of the spring, observe how they expand and contract, are the spaces between the coils even, or does one coil have a wider gap on one side than it does on the opposite side, if so then you hairspring may be out of shape. I also have to agree with Nuce that BW can be out of shape too.