Replacing broken pivot.

HSL

Hello
I have a question about how to best remove an broken pivot from the arbor. It seems like the pivot is made of a hardened steel is pushed into a hole in the wheel arbor.
My plan is to use a split stake and remove the wheel and lantern pinion and then try to drill out the residues from the previous pivot and press in a new one.
I have a Lorch 6mm lathe and a EMCO UNIMAT 3 lathe to use in this operation but don't know which tool to use for the best result. I have been reading about people breaking of drills and so on in this operation. 
So now I wounder what would be the best way to proceed drilling out this pivot in your mind?
The wheel in question comes from a German HAU or in English HAC clock and runs the fly.
Here are some pictures of it..

Gear1.jpg

Gear2.jpg

This subject has been covered on many occasions on the forum including by myself recently see below: However I was attempting to replace a French pivot of 0.50mm & I suspect yours is not as difficult although the same technics are applied or just search youtube which also has this subject covered.

Looked at the videos in Clockboys link and think the Lorch with a drilling plate seems to be the way to go,
I have ordered 0.5 mm HSS drills and will give it a go this weekend.
Tried out a collet for the arbor and it seems to fit with the no:20.

IMG_20190225_194629.jpg