travel clock identification

luiazazrambo

Not much detail there, can you try with better light. I can't think what else would assist, perhaps using a polarising filter, or taking the image from a low angle to see if there is depth information there.

This is the best I can come up with in terms of image manipulation, but there is next to no detail in the original image. UnknownMakerAdjustedGreyscale.jpg.f6ef8fe72d41c4adf27e28cff2b50d34.jpg

More pictures of the rest of the clock might also be a help.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Sometimes an ultraviolet light can help. I would use one on Loncase Clock dials, always worked for me.

Good point, often even though the pigment is faded and is damaged,  where it has been applied may fluoresce or react differently to UV from the surrounding area. Certainly worth a try.

58 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Sometimes an ultraviolet light can help. I would use one on Loncase Clock dials, always worked for me.

I got one what I use to make circuit boards I just need to find it as I have no idea where I put it. I will post a picture If I manage to find it.

• 2 weeks later...