screw down crown issues

Hello,

I have a watch with a screw down crown. When the crown is unscrewed, most of the time the crown stands away from the screw tube. You can press on it and it compresses and springs away when you let go. At times, more often than not, when I screw it down and then unscrew it. It stays collapsed and close to the threaded tube. When I try to wind it, it tights up to the screw down tube. I have to unscrew the crown and pull on it to hand set position. Then if I push back on it to normal running position, it sits away from the screw down tube and I can wind it.

It seems like the spring inside the crown is staying collapsed and not unwinding to stand away from the screw down tube. How do I fix this, any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick

What watch is it?

The Vostok Amphibians have no spring in the crown and do have a wobbly feel to them. You actually have to hold the crown out slightly to keep it engaged when manually winding.

Thanks for the responses. The watch is a new Parnis with a 8215 movement. Sometimes it sits where I want it to in winding position. If you push on it, it compresses up to the threaded tube and then springs back away as you expect to clear the tube to wind. I don't know why it works that way at times and why most of the time it doesn't.

-Nick