• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Pictures  would help..most likely  it is a snap  on back which you pry off.most likely  the rotor is loose  or severely  worn. Others may know better, but you probably  could just remove the rotor and use the  watch as manual  wind only. Other possibilities  include  a donor  watch to swap movement  or get parts. 
    • Hi, I guess I’m a watch collector. My wife thinks I may have a problem. Anyway I want to learn how to do some minor repairs and maintenance. I just happened on this form and am excited about it. I’ll go over the rules and be a great member. I live in Bessemer Alabama and work as a registered nurse. 
    • the watch was serviced, not manually wound then purposely not worn overnight to check the wind down time, so if you ask me habits did change esp since he was sick and was not moving much. Now if he manually wound it and it did not run overnight then i would say without a doubt there is an issue with the service. I don’t think its wise to just automatically jump to service as the culprit, I like to give the professionals the benefit of the doubt.   BTW Bauertime sorry for your loss - you will be in my prayers tonight
    • I hate these so called non scratch modern crystals. I usually scratch them the first few days of ownership. Then you need to almost burn out the dremel motor to polish it out with diamond paste. If they where good quality plastic, I could rub it on a piece of leather with some polish paste and be done with it in under five minutes.
    • I have a vintage Rocket crystal tool with base in the box from ebay, Got it for under $10.00 and use it all the time.