Fitting second hand on Seiko 6119A

Lc130

Hi All

I'm a beginner.  I've finally competed my Seiko 6119A in a Seiko 5.  I now notice that the second hand tube is quite long.  It's not sliding down the shaft with moderate pressure.  How had should I push?  Is there a trick to this?

Thank you

IMG_3506.JPG

IMG_3507.JPG

It shouldn't need much pressure at all to fit it.

If its not going down there must be a reason why.

Has the tube on the hand been damaged or crimped from when you removed it?

Can you fit it with the minute hand removed?

I removed the hour wheel and canon pinion.  The second pivot gets thicker at one point.  I looks like this is where the second hand hangs up.  There are no obvious crimps in the second hand or debris.  If installed this way, the second hand would sit very high.  Not sure if it would hit the crystal.  Any suggestions?

IMG_3508.JPG

IMG_3510.JPG

8 minutes ago, Lc130 said:

That’s what was on it.  Maybe it was sitting up very high and I didn’t notice.  It wasn’t working when I got it.

I bet, probably hitting the crystal or getting jammed in the cannon pinion!

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• people be honest.... Swatch is evil for the watchmakers and repairers, BUT not everything in watches from Switzerland is from the Swatch-Group. As far as i know, Selitta got sacked by Swatch as a Movement-Assembler for them and they started to produce Movements in their own Name with slight Modifications. As far as i know, they sell Parts to the Market for their Movements. In most cases, if a ETA-Movement fails, it is a valid Option to replace it with a Selitta Movement, which i consider the Solution for this Mess with the Swatch-Group...... I have no Connection to anybody at Selitta, but being a Swiss-Guy, i still like to have Swiss-Made Watches, but not from the Swatch-Group.   ok ? regards, Ernst
    • Just one more greedy act by Swatch. They started a number of years ago here in the US..cutting off supplies to watchmakers that could build complications that many Swatch houses couldn't even touch. Old school masters who had gone through some of the most prestigious houses in the world. Otto Frei has some statements on their page about it. I tell all my customers to avoid new Swiss watches like the plague,..unless they just want an older one in their collection that still has some parts out on the market, or they have really deep pockets and don't mind waiting months and paying through the nose to get it back. Plenty of others to choose from..IE Seiko,..or other non-swiss brands Even a number of Chinese brands are catching up with the Swiss,..and I think that in time, their actions will be their downfall
    • Yes. If that's not what you are experiencing...start looking for something rubbing. A 1st guess is that one of the hands is rubbing against the hole in the center of the dial. Especially if you now have lower amplitude in face up/ face down positions.
    • Once a movement has the dial and hands put back and it is recased, would you expect the assembled watch to have the same amplitude as when the movement is in a movement holder and is without hands and dial? Thanks
    • C07641+ not sure what the "+" is for after the last digit.