Timex electric

yankeedog

Picked this one up off the bay.It's really brain dead simple. A mechanical switch engaged and disengaged by the balance energizes a coil  that is alternately repelled and attracted to a permanent magnet.no sophisticated electronic devices..If you have ever worked on a car with a points distributor or a vacuum tube radio ,this is the watch for you.

IMAG0589.jpg

• Like 1

I would tend to think so.Any mechanical switching device is going to have a finite life cycle. Everything else is pretty much as usual. Gears are small like in a quartz watch.I guess they don't have to handle the constant torque of a mainspring.The balance is very large in comparison to accommodate the magnetic coil. It is not a fragile watch..I have already unintentionally drop tested it on my kitchen floor. You also don't have to worry about a magnetized hair spring.I don't know about accuracy yet,but don't see why it shouldn't be in line with a decently made pin lever