Luch 2209

Chadders

Does anybody have experience of the Luch 2209 calibre. Its a beautiful thin watch, bought it on Ebay for a few quid but it ha an uneven tick and stops regularly. Any ideas suggestions offers of help greatly appreciated.  I love Russian watches. Recently replaced a click spring on a Slava/Sekonda  2414 and it keeps great time now.

Luch.jpg

Sekonda.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

"Uneven tick, stops regularly."

As suggested sounds like the balance.

Demagnitize first, then clean and inspect hairspring, clean and inspect pivots and so forth.

Check the fork pivots, jewels/pins.

Check the impulse jewel lies in the correct place when at rest, in case hairspring has been deformed in some subtle way.

If all of that looks fine, then let down the mainspring, remove the balance and fork, and ensure the power train runs freely.

It might also be worth finding a similar movement on ebay and swap the balance and fork, etc till you find the offending part. 

You can buy buckets of these movements from eastern Europe.I have yet to work on a Luch 2209, but I  can tell you other Russian makes can be made to run quite nicely . Provided they have not been dredged up from the bottom of the Black Sea.If you need parts try looking on ETSY. There are numerous vendors in Latvia and Ukraine that have bare used movements.