What Could Case

Hi....new here!  I have a Zodiac Air Dragon women's watch that I love.  It is not the Chronograph....

I've been wearing this for about 5 years now and love it......problem is all of a sudden the dial has begun to move...the "9" is now where the "12" should be and it continues to move ever so slightly. 

I did not drop it or bang it.  I just want to know what to expect before I take it for repair or if I should bother?

Any advice would be welcome!

Sounds like the dial has come adrift from the movement - welcome to the forum, by the way! - as it's moved 90 degrees... The Air Dragon has a winder, so it's highly unlikely that the movement is loose in the case. If the dial is fixed by dial feet, then they may have broken with age, leaving the dial free to move under the hands and over the movement. If that's the case, I've no idea what resoldering feet on would cost. Others here may know. (Moving the 9 to the 12 position is a clockwise direction, which is the direction of the hands).

Edited by WillFly

Sounds like the dial has come adrift from the movement - welcome to the forum, by the way! - as it's moved 90 degrees... The Air Dragon has a winder, so it's highly unlikely that the movement is loose in the case. If the dial is fixed by dial feet, then they may have broken with age, leaving the dial free to move under the hands and over the movement. If that's the case, I've no idea what resoldering feet on would cost. Others here may know. (Moving the 9 to the 12 position is a clockwise direction, which is the direction of the hands).

Agreed - sounds like the dial feet are broken off.

Hi welcome to the forum. Depending where you are, the fix might be easy on the pocket or not! ofrei.com offers dial feet and sticky dots...some other vendors might do the same. In brief, take the movement out of the case, remove the hands, remove the dial. Clear the old and broken dial feet from the movement. File smooth the dial feet remnants on the dial face if necessary and apply a dot on the same spot, peel the other side and apply the new dial foot. Put back on the movement and wait till it cures. Then proceed with normal assembly. Always handle the dial with utmost care and don't touch the face with your bare fingers.

NOTE: those replacement dial feet are not what you will solder to the dial. For soldering new dial feet to a dial without damaging it, is complicated and usually require either special equipment (safer) or the right soldering iron and other soldering supplies along with a very experienced touch. Otherwise the dial will burn on the "other" side and will be ruined.