Beginner - mechanism questions

p2n

I found an old mechanism in the shed and decided to clean it up.

It's now clean(er) and it needs about 6 new bushings - I can't quite do that yet. Until then I want to reassemble and check it over.

I took a load of photos before disassembly but of course there is always one more I should have taken. This is it - the shaft the hammer sits on, is this the correct position relative to the leaf spring?

hammershaft.thumb.JPG.85da59085bde9d82dbc3aaef06b4d7ae.JPG

There was nothing on this pin when I found the mechanism - what should be there?

shaft.JPG.7add2cbb6c8eae8af8fb307deea2b05a.JPG

Finally there seems to be an excessive amount of movement in the spring barrel - not the shaft. So much so that the barrel fouls one of the wheels:

clearance1.JPG.c8f0991c2b0f535cbff22daad8ea7794.JPG

When done will post the full story...

(ps - again each file was 7MB and each failed to upload - error 200, but was ok when reduced in size)

Edited by p2n
typos

The movement is a British made Smiths Enfield 14 day striking movement, it is a copy of a German Baduf movement made after smiths purchased the entire production line from Germany and relocated it to England, the pin you have shown with nothing attached is correct nothing should be attached to it, the barrel touching the wheel points to excessive wear somewhere the barrel arbor holes on the barrel ends or on the movement plates themselves would cause the barrel to sit out of true. If that is all you have of the clock then you do have a fair bit missing and it would only ever be a runner by getting another donor movement of the same type, but it is useful to hang on to these part movements you never know when the parts will come in handy, I have one Winterhalder clock movement that has provided parts for four other Winterhalder clocks.

This is a similar but later version of the movement you have:

https://clockrepairs1969.wordpress.com/why-i-wont-be-servicing-your-clock-for-40-how-to-service-a-smiths-clock/

There is more to the clock - the images show it partially reassembled. In brief - we moved home last August and part of the agreement was we took on the new place 'as it' complete with junk. So while clearing the shad I found the remains of a clock. The case had long since surrengered to woodworm and damp. All that was left was the momement. No trace of the dial or hands. It was full of dust and 20 years worth of mouse dropping and nesting material. I've stripped it and cleaned it. I'm part was through re-assembling it. There is a lot of wear on most of the bushings but otherwise it seems like it should be repairable. This is the first clock I've done so I'm taking it slow. I can't make busings yet and can't afford the premade sets and tools - but I've got a mini-lathe.

More photos here

https://photos.app.goo.gl/deg3Q42VT1Rxpkyi6