different screw

alex8799

im beginner for watch

difficult for me 

7 ~8 differnt screw looks like same screw with loupe

let me know how to .....

the answer is many experience for watch?

is it easy to know this ?

watch parts name (english korean )  is difficult for me because im korean

im disassemble sellita sw200-1again now  

Hi Alex,  Not all watch screws are the same, When dismantling a watch keep all the screws associated

with the part being removed together so that they will go back when ready to do so, Although many screws look the same there may be sublte differences,  thread pitch .... thread length....head size.  These differences may all be associated with one watch so that is why it is inportant to keep associated parts and screws together to avoid problems.  There is no substitute for practise, read the books and watch the videos.  Mark Lovick a contributer to this site and professional watch maker has some very good tutorial videos on U Tube which are excellent for study purposes,    enjoy  cheers

If you are unsure about dismantling *anything* including a watch, then take pictures, or a video as you go along.

I also tend to put the parts from each step in to separate compartments in a compartmentalized tray.

So the first screws I remove go in the first compartment, then the next bit I remove in to the second and so forth. Re-assembly becomes a reversal of the dismantling process.  Start from the last compartment and work back to the first. I've been using this method since well before easy digital photography with a mobile phone was possible, and it is a good habit to adopt.

It is very easy to get screws of different lengths mixed up, and in a watch or clock (or indeed any other machine) this can cause damage, or result in the item not operating.

Edited by AndyHull