JLC Reverso

IFELL

Hello

my friend wants me to look at his Jeager LeCoultre Reverso, mid-size ref. 252.8.86

Does anyone here know what movements did JLC put into these simple hand wound Reversos?
And is there a way to shop for parts if something needs replacing?
Are there any service sheets available?

I won't be able to get my hands on it for some time so that is why I'm asking...
Thanks for any help.

I think that has a 846 movement. Very small, but very straightforward, don't expect ETA timing, be very clean and peg your jewels. The barrel is tiny and you should definitely use a winder. If the spring looks good reuse it, unless you can get a genuine replacement. I may be mixing up with the 845 but one of them has a bushing in the bridge for the center wheel and that's a problem area.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

I think that has a 846 movement.

Thanks for the insight. Are there any usual problems which cause the movement to stop?

At this point I am not sure what is the problem with my friend's watch, maybe it doesn't wind or it does wind but doesn't run...I will probably have a chance to take a look at it next week...

2 hours ago, IFELL said:

Thanks for the insight. Are there any usual problems which cause the movement to stop?

At this point I am not sure what is the problem with my friend's watch, maybe it doesn't wind or it does wind but doesn't run...I will probably have a chance to take a look at it next week...

No it's really a pretty standard movement. Looking at pics I see that some are jeweled at the center wheel and some not, the ones I've worked on have been older and non jeweled there, and in a couple of cases the center wheel upper pivot was quite worn and the bushing trashed. But otherwise it's just a very small movement. There's a good chance you might need to do a little escapement adjusting, they tend to come from the factory with fairly heavy locks and you might not get a full healthy amplitude without a little tweaking. You can't put a stronger spring in, the barrel is very small and is already struggling to give the 38 hours of power reserve. Any thicker/longer/shorter spring quickly eats up almost a full turn of wind.

• Like 1