Smiths Empire westminster tech information

watchweasol

Hi Guys     Does anybody out there have access to Smiths Empire three train clock service sheets etc I have tried all my known sources and have turned up zero. The problem id the A/Correct is not working as it should,  It uses a pin on the count wheel to reset an "L"lever which pushes a bar back and resets the pawl, The way the correction cam is sited on the arbour it will not arrest the wheel to block the chime train, It pushes the reset bar back at the 3/4 Chime position ok but it will not lock the cam as the cam seems to be facing the wrong way and missing the stop. I have just about every other smiths movement in my collection but this type and no technical information either  information /comments gratefully recieved  Thanks

Hi Old H   Here are a few pics. The count wheel has a pin which resets the correct lever "L" lever on the second pic, This pushes the reset bar backwards  pic 4  Pic 6 is a view of the wheel removed with the cams in situ note the opposing lock faces the pic is a fitted when in the clock the lever running on the cam nearest the wheel carries the reset extension which lifts the lock pawl when the hour strikes out so that the clock is then in sync for the quarter strike. Hope it all makes sense.

Cheers

DSCF3022.JPG

DSCF3023.JPG

DSCF3025.JPG

DSCF3035.JPG

DSCF3036.JPG

DSCF3037.JPG

I have recently serviced one of these but it had a floating balance not a pendulum. The only issue I had was the centre cam (red) was not in sequence with the strike cam (Blue). The centre cam has one segment that is longer than the others and this needs to be in sink with the highest part strike cam to allow for both strike & hour chimes. I can not remember any wheel that had cams as your last pic.

I have recently serviced one of these but it had a floating balance not a pendulum. The only issue I had was the centre cam (red) was not in sequence with the strike cam (Blue). The centre cam has one segment that is longer than the others and this needs to be in sink with the highest part strike cam to allow for both strike & hour chimes. I can not remember any wheel that had cams as your last pic.

Those cams are there on the floating balance type the centre cam is the auto correct, if you look closely at my pic you can see it on the back of the count wheel it is all one piece.

40bf32b79f96d69bf075145880e14b15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk