• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Hi Andy, the previous owner of all the above watches has had a go at them all ! He said, " the Rondamatic was running fast and the Oris was slow, so got his mate to adjust them and they both stopped" ! Can't imagine why lol. I will try your suggestion about the stem removal. They were cheap and ideal for me to practice on, and the bonus is I know out there there is someone worse than me ! Thanks Andy for your time and advice. 
    • One I restored for a lume-rot. I will be reluming it at some point to mount in this restored model as my eyes can't easily make out the hands on the gold dial.
    • I've still not finished with the various bits of building maintenance round here, so not much in the way of actual watch repairs going on, but I gave another of the freebie junk lot generic quartzes a quick polish and a new battery. I'm not fan of fabric nato straps, but this was what it came with, so it got a clean too. It has no brand name, but is reasonably well constructed, all be it with a pot metal body. Mineral glass and a two hander Chinese movement, and not much else to report.
    • So it is either try to retrofit another or replace the whole movement? Or maybe replace the whole shock? I will try to grind a bit the extended edges of the new spring to see if it fits and come back! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • So far as I recall, you press the silver button to the right of the stem in the picture. I can't be certain which position you need to be in, but I think it was the wind position. The hairspring... 5 minutes and you will have that sorted It does look unfankleable but you will have your work cut out. The real question is why is it mangled in the first place. Has something jammed up and "bounced" the spring out of the side of the balance, or is this simply the result of fat thumb trouble on the part of the previous owner?