Question

I am having a terrible time with an AS 1315...I can not get the rotor to get a full swing between bumper spring...it holds fast at the spring (upper in photo)  closest to the balance..it will not swing down toward ..lower spring in photo...any help would be most appreciated...is it my placement of the rotor?....thanks...

QMC6dz5nRB2c275HzqUBxw.jpg

4 answers to this question

Just by judging from this one photo it´s hard to make any estimations
So just as a start and considering it stopped by the balance bridge I would suggest you take off the Winding mechanism and look at the backside of the swing weight. if it is getting caught in something like the screw holding the balance bridge you should see some scratches on the backside of it.
In general you should do something about the screwheads along the path the weight travels since they seem to have quite a loot metal shavings sticking up, just give them a quick polish so they are nice and flat othervice you might end up with small metal shavings inside the mechanism.

It's probably the placement of the weight you haven't got right. Could be tricky to get right.  Haven't worked on a 1315 but have done the same on omega and tissot bumbers. The weight should rest halfway between the springs when not engaged in winding the movement up. 

The pivot could be worn excessively causing the weight to droop, and catch on something. what happens when you hold the watch upside down? or one of the pawls in the ratcheting mechanism might not be releasing.