Question on watch band/strap sizing.

MrRoundel

Greetings, folks. I like wearing leather straps on most of my wrist watches, but many of them tend to spin around on my wrist. If I tighten them to the point of being uncomfortable, they mostly stay put. I have a small frame, so my wrist may be too small to work well with standard sized bands. And I have been wondering about whether the spinning watch syndrome could be eliminated by having a band with a smaller buckle side. In other words, I'm thinking the spin effect is exacerbated because the hole side is so much longer than the buckle side, and if the shorter bands being sold out there get shorter by merely shortening the hole end a bit. If so, the same problem might remain, despite the watch band being shorter overall.

So, are short straps shorter on both sides of the band, or just the hole side? Many thanks in advance. Cheers.

Or make your own strap tailored to your size.After all it only has to fit one wrist.I like nylon.In this part of America ,you sweat a lot an leather deteriorates quickly. I use  plastic clips to fasten the band.maybe the addition of the flat spot they provide will help you out

IMAG0586.jpg