Omega 342

arkobugg

Hello mates!

This weekend I'm struggling with this bumper moment. But is not going steady, but stops and go.... So I found out that the balance wheel is touching the third wheel. This is a new issue for me... 

See photo, the red ring is where the intervention is ..

Wounder where to start?  Doing what?

rød ring.jpg

Tolerances shouldn't be that tight between centre wheel and balance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BxvHLW2evM !  ;)

I'd start with the centre wheel and check there's no damage to the pinion and that the wheel itself sits squarely i.e. does not have a small deformity in it which means it does not then run truly horizontally. After this check that the wheel can be seated cleanly as per https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/media?image=IMG_9744.JPG&email=&wat_id=680 (click on the image to get a close-up). Since you will have had to remove pallet fork and balance to do this it's worth double checking a true running by looking at the centre wheel while the train rotates and that everything looks okay.

If that all checks out then ensure there is no foreign object that has somehow gotten under the balance cock and that the balance can subsequently be seated properly with the balance cock fully screwed down. 

Any joy? 

Photo is blurry. The outer most HS strand appears to have run over the regulator arm.

Clear pic please. 

Wobling third wheel is fixable rather easily. The case of wobling BW is a bit more invloved. Will go step by step and carefully.

Staff and arbor end shakes, if too much.

Hello thanks to both Watchmaker and Nucejoe!!

I will try to check the issues you pointed out Watcmaker. And to you Nucejoe, its just an illusion the outer most HS strand have not run over the regulator arm. I will check out the third wheel first...  Good Sunday to ya all  !!

" Stops and go"   Just a reminder, Wobble of the BW when runing is obseravble from side view. If it wobbles and you have no access to truing caliper I can  post pix showing how to level the BW inside the movement. 

If the ballance is hurt, Omega poise is lost.

Third wheel is no big deal. Should just exercise caution not to hurt a tooth or knock the wheel loose on arbor.

• 4 weeks later...

Last update her mates!!

Got it up and running, but I need to adjust the BE, and this balance wheel have this screws to adjust. And I have never done this before..

Is it somebody that explain, if I adjust the speed first and the the BE, or the BE and the the speed, or both and the same time??

And how to operate witch screw first, and what order?

52948751_544451882717217_1915109278583095296_n.jpg

53142785_832055363797377_899121411660972032_n.jpg

I would correct the beat error first. Mark shows this here (4:00):

Watchmakers often mark the correct position. So here I would try and turn the collet a bit anti clockwise until the stud lines up with the mark on the ring and then do another check on the timegrapher.