Hello

Gram

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to watch repair or anything to do with watches, in fact I don't even own a watch!  I'm a part-time (trying to retire!) airline pilot shortly about to begin a short course in watch-making.  So this is just an introduction and a hello to all keen watch-people, hopefully we'll be able to share more as I gain some knowledge an expeience.

Kind regards,

Graham

I only just got back to watches after a year layoff, but am happy to be back trying to finesse these mechanical marvels back to good order. I'm sure that you'll feel quite welcome here. The resident experts and enthusiasts are quite forthcoming with sharing their knowledge, so it's a great place to hang out. Good luck on your future mechanical timekeepers. Oh, and quartz as well. Cheers.

Hi Gram,

Welcome to a very friendly forum where helpful knowledge abounds. I for one don't find it in the least unusual that you don't even own a watch. Time displays have become so ubiquitous that they're literally everywhere you look. Your cell phone will have one I bet. As long as your cell carrier is vigilant about keeping the link open to its time server, you can assume it's accurate as well. 

Sit back, buckle up and prepare for knowledge to flow freely and without charge. My own interest in is quartz and kinetic movements but I assure you, many more on this site are fond of mechanical movements of all shape, size and complications.