Hello

mcc

Hi,

recently I bought a SEIKO 5 with a 7S26C caliber, then I found the Watch Repair Channel on YouTube, than I found the videos of this channel, which are about exactly THAT movement...and the rest was only another step forward into this forum.

I like to learn about movements in general and especially about the 7S26C.

Cheers! :)
mcc

Hi Watchweasol,

ok....exceeding the speed of light when replying to new members first posts quickly will introduce A LOT OF TROUBLE especially to people interesting in accurate time measurement...the flow of time will be reverted...unpredictable....HAHAHAHAAHAHHA ! :) :) :)

Thank you for your helping words, Watchweasol! Previously I have collected the technical datasheet (sorry for my not-so-good wording...I am no native speaker) of the movement (that one which shows the exploded view of all parts), the manual to my watch and some bits and pieces from the internet.

One part of your post I don't understand (sorry)...you wrote:
"Gleave & Co  and Dr Ranfft of germany esslinger USA"...
Is "Gleave & Co" one brand and "Dr Ranfft" another one...and is it member of
"Germay esslinger USA"....? <confused> ... sorry

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Cheers!
mcc

PS: What is the best place to post some basic questions here on the forum to get into the correct
direction? Here? > https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/forum/4-watch-repairs-help-advice/

Hi Mcc    Gleave&Co esslinger are watch parts suppliers esslinger being in America, Dr Ranfft is a web site in germany which is a auction house  and also a mine of technical information.  Best to post your questions regarding watches in the watch repair help forum  and clock uestions in the clock corner.

both Gleave and co and Esslinger also have web sites and technical information.  Hope that it explains the previous post. always glad to help.

• 6 months later...