Help: Omega Ploprof 8500 bezel removal

eals112

Afaik the official version is you need a bezel removing tool which goes into the small gap and lets the bezel pop off. But it can also be done with a watchmaker knife:

I never did this by myself so I don't know how big the risk of scratches/damage is .

www.ebay.com/itm/WATCH-BEZEL-REMOVER-OPENER-TOOL-FOR-INVICTA-LARGER-19MM-TO-52MM-CASE-SWISS-BLADE/172221388374?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It's a bit spendy but it should do the job nicely. I'm currently deciding whether to purchase one or not. For some reason, my links never work as clickable hyperlinks so you'll likely have to copy and paste the above into your web browser.

Edited by TexasDon

www.ebay.com/itm/WATCH-BEZEL-REMOVER-OPENER-TOOL-FOR-INVICTA-LARGER-19MM-TO-52MM-CASE-SWISS-BLADE/172221388374?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
It's a bit spendy but it should do the job nicely. I'm currently deciding whether to purchase one or not. For some reason, my links never work as clickable hyperlinks so you'll likely have to copy and paste the above into your web browser.

I have one of these... cant make it work on anything... would you like to buy mine?

I have the expensive Horotec version of this and have used it to remove several bezels off Seiko watches.

The cheaper version can't be that much different, but I've never used it on a Omega.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Watch-Repair-Tool-GF07115-Snap-On-Watch-Back-Case-Opener-Watch-Bezel-Remover/123421758268?hash=item1cbc82933c:g:-VMAAOSwIUpbxA8A:rk:26:pf:0

This is the Horotec version.

I bought mine when this website had a 20% off sale and being I live in Australia I also didn't have to pay VAT, so paid considerably less than the price listed here, but it was still expensive.

https://www.eternaltools.com/horotec-bezel-remover-and-pressure-case-back-opener

Afaik the official version is you need a bezel removing tool which goes into the small gap and lets the bezel pop off. But it can also be done with a watchmaker knife:

I never did this by myself so I don't know how big the risk of scratches/damage is .

You definitely need a bezel lift tool. It’s a vice like device with 2 arcs which mate with the bezel diameter. These arcs are tapered, and fit snugly between the bezel and case. When the vice is tightened, an even wedge is applied all round and the bezel pops off. Neither case, nor bezel are damaged. Using a knife will end in tears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk