Who's a good source for mainsprings?

Gryf

Hi, all.

I'm almost finished with a rebuild of an old Kirovskie; I think it dates to the 1950s or thereabouts. The movement is now healthy, but I've found that the mainspring is very weak, so I need to replace it. Hence the question... where do you folks usually order mainsprings? I bought one from Jules Borel a while back when rebuilding a Seiko, but their catalog and order process are rather opaque. For what it's worth, the spring measures in at 287mm x 1.4mm x .09mm. It has a T-end with a slot.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Gryf

I buy from Cousins but I’m in the UK. I take it you’re US if you use Borel? If you take all the relevant measurements it shouldn’t be so hard to pick one, maybe one of the more experienced people here can step in and help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, all.
I'm almost finished with a rebuild of an old Kirovskie; I think it dates to the 1950s or thereabouts. The movement is now healthy, but I've found that the mainspring is very weak, so I need to replace it. Hence the question... where do you folks usually order mainsprings? I bought one from Jules Borel a while back when rebuilding a Seiko, but their catalog and order process are rather opaque. For what it's worth, the spring measures in at 287mm x 1.4mm x .09mm. It has a T-end with a slot.
Any advice will be appreciated!
Thanks,
Gryf
Im in the US and get most of my stuff from CAS-KER and Ebay. The folks over at CAS-KER are pretty knowledgeable and wont give you the "are you a professional watchmaker" lecture. If you are and have the proper credentials there are plenty of other commercial vendors but then again if you are then you probably already know this. I also use a guy at scotch watch http://www.scotchwatch.com. he has a yuge inventory of vintage parts and is cool and very knowledgeable. If he doesnt have what you need he can point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice! I just found a very near equivalent from Cousins, so I ordered that, and await with crossed fingers. That said, I'll certainly check out CAS-KER and Scotchwatch.

Cheers,

Gryf