Quick intro to why I'm here and who I am. My name is Joe Tkacik, I was born and raised in Atlanta Georgia, the son of an engineer, there were always things around the house in pieces. I'm a special education director, and am extremely passionate about seeing children find what they're good at, and build on those skills. 

My first job at a jeweler in Atlanta is where I became enamored with mechanical timepieces. Clocks, watches, timers, etc... We had a watchmaker on site who mostly kept to himself, but I worked my way into his shop area more and more often. He taught me basic skills like stem replacement, crystal replacement, how to reattach a damaged crown, bezel, etc... 

I have ZERO formal training, but am quite the tinkerer and love to learn how different movements work. I am a collector and have been saving "junk" from yard sales, flea markets and basically any other place I can get my hands on them. Typically I do a quick refurbish and find them a new home. You can find my collection on Instagram by searching my username here.

I am married and have three children. We all appreciate a good watch, and the stories that often accompany them. 

I hope to learn a lot here!  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.