Armani AR2434 crystal change

Royce

Hi,

I’m new to repairing my watches but hoping to learn as I go along.

I have an Armani AR2434 that needs a new glass / crystal.

Example pic of the AR2434

image.png.b5701b96ce0a4fbc2f34267cd943b7fd.png

Does anyone have a guide on how to do this? Can’t seem to find anything on youtube or google searches.

I’ve got basic watch tools and a wide array of general tools. If I need a particular tool I’m happy to buy it.

Ultimately would like to learn how to do this myself.

Many thanks

Do you have the old glass?

it has sweep seconds it will need to clear that, so needs to be high enough. Measure from 12 to 6 or 9 to 3 inside the bezel to get the size. Depending on the style of glass can depend on the type of glass fitting tool. That is why I would like to see the old one.   

There are videos on YouTube e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvcgmIM2B4 is helpful for a beginner. I replied on a similar query too recently at  https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/10623-tw-steel-glass-replacement/#comment-96293 .

In summary you'll need to remove the movement from the case, pop the glass out by pushing from the inside; replace the glass; and put the movement back. This is best done with a crystal press tool which can be picked up pretty inexpensively via a site like ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

So I bought a press,

Took another look at this watch, removed the back, removed the crown (winder) and hit a brick wall.

It looks like the case opening on the back is thinner than the opening on the face side. This differs by around 2.5mm.

It seems like the dial is rebated in to the case somehow. It may be that its all fitted from the face side.

So if the crystal could be removed from the face side the dial and all the internal workings will come out the face.

I hope that makes sense.

Please see picture below.

I would really appreciate it if some one could help me understand how to take the crystal and movement etc out.

IMG111.jpg

image.png

Hi    If as you suspect the movment is fitted from the front one method used for monobloc cases ( ie solid cases with no back) is to re fit the case back and use a sryinge to pump up the pressure in the case popping the crystal out.  Note there may be a gland fitted into the recess in the case where the crystal fits do not deface this and be careful when refitting the new one. If the old one is not broken, measure this for comparison size.  There are vids on U Tube how to perform this feat.

Managed to open this up and change the crystal. There doesn’t seem to be much on the net for these watches so hopefully this thread will be able to help others.

These Armani watches are quite popular and the range seems to all have similar design.

The back pops off as normal, inside there is a tiny hole with the word "Push" next to it. To take the crown out you use the relevant tool to hold down the mechanism and unscrew the crown. From what I remember it was on the first click when you pull it out.

So the bezel itself pops off. If you look around the circumference of the bezel you will see a notch (mine was at the 6 o clock position) Use a Stanley knife to prise apart the bezel. I had to run the blade around the bezel 3 times before the gap got wide enough. Stanley knife blade has a good taper at the blade side to push the bezel and case apart. Then very CARFULLY pop the bezel off. Point the force up and not in to the watch face as this damaged mine. It tends to pop off suddenly and fly off!

When the bezel is off you can press out the old Crystal and press in the new one. (Plenty of resources showing how to do this)

Be sure to blow out dust and clean the underside of the crystal.

Using a press again press the bezel back on. Quite fiddley and may not work first time. I had to try different positions before it pressed on properly.

Definitely invest in the correct tools! I don’t think this can be done with something make shift re purposed.

Below is a picture of the watch taken apart showing the notch location.

image.png.25c8c24bb478c2a251ff932fec25aff3.png