Helvetia 81 balance wheel assembly 10.5 lignes

cduke

Hello All,

I have an old Abercrombie and Fitch Ship mate watch that has a helvetia 81 movement (or a ZentRa 6/70) and it needs a new hairspring / balance wheel assembly.   Does anyone know if another cal of the Helvetia (General watch Co. ) is compatible with this movement. I believe it is 10.5 lignes and have a great deal of trouble finding a donor movement for the 81.

Thank you again.

ZentRa_6_70.jpg

Edited by cduke
add photo

4 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Have some old movements laying around . somewhere in the back of my head i have something that could be a Helvetia 81. But if it has a balance wheel? 

I appreciate your interest in looking. I am sure something may turn up on ebay one of these days. The best fit manual lists nothing for Helvetia. 

On 1/29/2019 at 1:39 AM, cduke said:

I appreciate your interest in looking. I am sure something may turn up on ebay one of these days. The best fit manual lists nothing for Helvetia. 

Sorry had nothing. Have looked around and seams difficult to find. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2019 at 9:56 AM, rogart63 said:

Sorry had nothing. Have looked around and seams difficult to find. 

I am now trying to match a balance wheel from another 10.5 lignes movement to the balance cock assembly!

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cduke said:

I am now trying to match a balance wheel from another 10.5 lignes movement to the balance cock assembly!

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Can work. I did it on a Eterna movement so can be done. Hope you work it out.