Citizen 8960-083997 Crystal Issue

Pip

Hi guys,

This is probably really basic but I am a bit stuck getting the crystal into the above. Well, actually I’m having problems getting it to stay in.

I got this small Arnie like watch in a lot and have been faxing it up for my son as time allows. All done now just about but as I went to reassemble the crystal just seems to float past the gasket and site straight in the shelf in the case. Do I need a new gasket (it was in ok when I got the watch) or is it one that is glued perhaps?

Anyway, some pics. The before pics are a ‘little’ grubby but you’ve all seen worse I’m sure.

Taking the bezel off revealed:

67aac57d5785165f6266d2b43b4e7fe7.jpg

The crystal cane out like this:

7b1fbe58b593f3cc419a28a0e786c5bc.jpg

The gasket in place is like this:

a4f8684088bb28117ce9b73844b0cb30.jpg

Now the gasket is still in place:

842a7a4cf3b574305ea409820c665501.jpg

But the crystal just goes through it with no interference really.

fbcd6764e3de47dc7aab386d90403d60.jpg

If anyone can point me in the right direction I’d be grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience, this is probably a case of crystal gasket isno longer the correct thickness and the crystal was being held in by years of DNA.
Also if it has a gasket it won't need glueing in just the friction.

Thanks. It had occurred to me that the grit was keeping it in place and I told myself not to be silly! So a new gasket ‘should’ be all it needs you think?
Ok, I need to try and find the right size gasket then. I can measure the height and the OD, is there a standard thickness or a formula related to diameter, or just buy some and see what fits?

Thanks. It had occurred to me that the grit was keeping it in place and I told myself not to be silly! So a new gasket ‘should’ be all it needs you think?
Ok, I need to try and find the right size gasket then. I can measure the height and the OD, is there a standard thickness or a formula related to diameter, or just buy some and see what fits?

I would not try and measure. Just get hold of the correct part from a supplier. Buy once. I tried measuring once and ended up buying 3 times [emoji21]
  • Like 2