Proper tool for this C ring?

Lc130

Problem is that it is upside down. Someone has put it upside down. Probably making the daydisc stiff? A small screwdriver to pry it of is the best. Take care so you don't slip. There can be marks but won't be seen once the dial is there. It's easier to remove if it the right way up. 

Do you see the 8 grooves indented into the silver ring? Those didn't come with the watch originally but have been left as the result of someone using the silver ring as a pivot point to pry upward on the clip before. You obviously aren't going to hurt the ring now so place you fine point screwdriver in each of those indentations in turn and lever the clip upward by going around the ring. I would suggest that you do this while the movement is in a 1 gallon clear baggie as it will help to contain the clip should it come flying off and take wings.

As rogart63 has already noted, the wounded silver ring will be hidden anyhow once the dial is in place.

Take a screwdriver that's slightly too large for the gap in the C. Place it in the gap and twist. The screwdriver will force the gap apart and the clip will
lift slightly. You will then be able to pop another screwdriver under the clip and lift it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TexasDon said:

Do you see the 8 grooves indented into the silver ring? Those didn't come with the watch originally but have been left as the result of someone using the silver ring as a pivot point to pry upward on the clip before. You obviously aren't going to hurt the ring now so place you fine point screwdriver in each of those indentations in turn and lever the clip upward by going around the ring. I would suggest that you do this while the movement is in a 1 gallon clear baggie as it will help to contain the clip should it come flying off and take wings.

As rogart63 has already noted, the wounded silver ring will be hidden anyhow once the dial is in place.

Success!  I sharpened my smallest screwdriver and was able to pry it out as you recommended.  Thanks for the plastic bag reminder.  There's a least a dozen lost parts living in my workshop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tritto said:

Take a screwdriver that's slightly too large for the gap in the C. Place it in the gap and twist. The screwdriver will force the gap apart and the clip will
lift slightly. You will then be able to pop another screwdriver under the clip and lift it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.  I did look at that but the gap is wider than any screwdriver I have.

The 

4 hours ago, TexasDon said:

They should be there to hold the daydisc to the star mechanism. They are there on all Seiko daydiscs. If the star thing is loose you could tap them very lighly with a small screwdriver.