G F staking tool catalog

Howardgf

Hi all. Just getting started, and still at the reading and tool buying stage. My first question will be, does anyone have any info, like maybe a catalog, for G F staking tools? The company, which may, or may not contain the letters G F, or G and F, was thought to have been in Pa. I ask because all American made punches I have encountered so far are 3/16ths. (.185) in diameter and work perfectly with my rehabbed GF tool, but I have a group of GF marked punches which are two different diameters, and do not fit through the top. They do, however, fit in the inverted position for use as stumps. One poster noted that G F stakes are .187 and will not fit the .185 hole in the arm of the tool. The group of stakes I bought are all marked with a user applied scoring near the GF logo, as if to differentiate them from other, presumably GF stakes, which would fit a GF tool, right? Each of these GF marked stakes measures .185 from the point up about an inch, or so, then increase to .187 to the top of the tool. I could easily turn them down to .185 full length, but they must have been made this way for a reason, and I don't want to ruin any special value they may have to a collector. I am not collecting, and I can find, or make any stakes I need. Anyone happen to know of a catalog listing that might explain this oddity? Thanks, Howard. Feel free to email me.