How to rivet a broken bracelet back together?

AlexeiJ1

Hiya,
I recently picked up an Omega Calypso Diver on my travels, and it is missed a rivetted pin in the bracelet near the clasp. Whilst I am a seasoned tinkerer, I havent repaired bracelets in this fashion before.
I am just wondering if there is any advice on inserting/making a new one?
It is in similar place to photo I attached.
It is the one between the clasp and other side of the strap.

Was thinking of stainless steel nail, turned down on grinder and then gently peen it with a hammer?
New strap is unobtainable.

Any ideas let me know, cheers!

Alexei

Capture.PNG

If you do decide to go the DIY route, I'd suggest chucking the nail into a drill (ideally drill press) and turning it down against sandpaper. You'll get better results than trying to do it against a grinder. It's all but impossible to get something with a perfectly round cross-section by hand with a grinder.

Or the next smaller undersize

5 hours ago, qhartman said:

If you do decide to go the DIY route, I'd suggest chucking the nail into a drill (ideally drill press) and turning it down against sandpaper. You'll get better results than trying to do it against a grinder. It's all but impossible to get something with a perfectly round cross-section by hand with a grinder.

Or the next smaller undersize

22 hours ago, TexasDon said:

As an alternative, look here:

blog.esslinger.com/watch-band-pin-illustrations/ 

Scroll down the page to see if anything useful pops out at you.

I now I still have a lot to learn in general with watch repair, but thought I atleast I knew everything about watch pins and spring bars, and your link has just proven I didn't.

I hadn't come across 'Pressure Pin for Security Catch on Clasp' before and a quick look on Cousins also shows a whole section I had previously missed.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/fittings-pressure-bars-rivet-ends

Thank you, you have now made today a good day as I have learnt something new.