2892A2 Part name

HSL

Sometimes one just buys a watch as a project to fiddle with, this time I thought I would buy something declared dead.
Just to spend some time before leaving for a business trip I thought I strip down the movement and give it a go.
From the case the seconds hand dropped out and I did not think more about that, just thought it might become loose somehow.  

After removing the minute wheel and the cannon pinion it took me a couple of minutes to realize why I was sitting and staring at movement.
The tube holding the cannon pinion seemed to have snapped of and that was why the seconds hand also was loose the pinion had snapped on that one too.

I never encountered this before and are now wondering if anyone here have change this part and in that case what is it called? I have been sitting thinking and 
trying to remember it's name but just can't. Hard to order a part if you forgot its name.

Easiest solution would to buy a new plate from the bay, but I just want to take a shot on this new challenge.

2892A2.jpg

Don't think that piece have a number. I should be a tube sticking up there. Which the cannon pinion sits on. They sometimes break or stuck inside the cannon pinion . A new movement plate i think is the best. You can see it in this picture. Have put it back on movements but usually it's loose and won't stay there.

ETA-2892-Parts8.jpg.fa3749d981e552d8efe41dfbd9bc17da.jpg

I don’t think there’s any tube that sticks up out of that hole. Should just be the second wheel staff and the canon pinion snaps on to that. I have a 2892A2 sitting on my bench I’ll have to check.
I’ll report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

In general if the movement is center second , seconds hand go through a CENTER PIPE or TUBE.  If no center second hand there would be a post.

Correction,  if no center second hand there it would be Minute wheel 

6 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Don't think that piece have a number

Thank you for your answers guys, I just got a brain freeze when I tried to remember what the official name of the tube was.
Obviously it doesn't have any as rogart63 says so I just ordered a new main plate. 
Guess I have to put my  jeweling staking set aside to another day..... :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

A new mainplate!   What is wrong with old one?

Since I can't find the replacement part number for the centre tube I think for now it is better to just buy a new plate.
The cannon pinion on the 28XX is the one with the drive grear attached to it and it has to rest on the centre tube to function correctly.
Otherwise it is pusching against the seconds pinion and thats no good.
I just save the damaged one just in case one would find a lose one to change with.
//Heikki

23 hours ago, jnash said:

well if you are intent on a challenge... make a new plate!:startle:

Guess right now it's just the time to CAD the mainplate that is the holdback otherwise it isn't such big deal to do with the CNC.
And for now I just use genuine parts. (as far as I know..lol) ;) Got to keep the Industrie running.