Greetings from South Wales

TaffyJim

Hello fellow time travellers. I'm new to this as hobby. I've been watching Mark's videos for a few months now and aquired a few cheap tools. I figure I'll probably upgrade to better quality tools on a case by case basis as I go along based on what I use. I don't have a particular taste in watches, I'm a "know it when I see it" kind of guy. Automatic, digital, hand wind mechanical - doesn't matter. I'm not sure I'll be wealthy enough to splash out on a Rolex or Omega (or any other high end) watch any time soon but am enjoying my collection, with my favourites at the moment being a Fiyta Yachtsman, a Swiss made rotary, a Vostok Amphibia scuba dude, a Casio GMW-B5000D-1ER and a Casio Range man with a few others inbetween including G Shocks, Burei's, Vostok's, Rotary's, Invicta. 

On my wrist as I write this is a Vostok Komandirskie (pictured) 

I always loved watches and used to "borrow" my fathers Sekonda mechanical when growing up. I've barely worn a watch for the past fifteen years although have always owned one or two. The interest came back to me last year when my wife and I gave each other a "decent" watch as gifts. I received the automatic Yachtsman and she a quartz Tissot, our criteria was to spend a few hundred pounds on a watch that wouldn't fall apart with daily life so opted for stainless steel all around and sapphire crystal. 

So that's enough about me for now. See you in the trenches ;)

15479863041464979172401829234915.jpg