New Guy Here

Hello Everyone.  I've been tinkering with modding Seiko's for several years now.   I haven't done any repairs other than demagnetizing. I've swapped dials, hands, crystals, etc.  I've swapped a NH38 into a 7S26 diver.  I have some okay tools, and I enjoy the patience required to do even the very basic things I have done.  My most worn watches are actually an Omega SMPc with the 2500d and a Damasko DA45 with a 2836-2 with Damasko mods.  Because of cost and lack of experience I don't do anything with those two watches.  I have a time grapher and have regulated a few ETA movements.  

I'm starting to find just working on Seiko's to be a bit limiting.  Getting the watches has also become a bit expensive.  With shopping a new SKX series can be found for around $200, and used ones on the bay seem to be around half that, and often more.  I like the wide variety of dials, bezels and inserts and such available for Seiko, but it limits me to on one dial size, and for a non diver, fairly small watches by modern standards.  I'm thinking about branching out a bit and maybe learning to work on more simple hand wind movements like the SW210-1 and Unitas 6497, and eventually maybe things like Sellita movements with day and day/date complications.  Otto Frei has some cases, which I assume are of decent quality?  Places like Helenarou seem to offer a nice variety of cases and dials but I've read mixed reviews about quality.

I have a strong interest in furthering my education and am very interested in courses, such as those offered through this site.

Any thoughts or advice would be genuinely appreciated.