Douglas14

Watch cases

At the top of this forum click on Resources click on tools and suppliers and you need UK you will find a list of suppliers, do a search on each of their sites. You could look on ebay, There are always watch cases for sale.   

There are a number of suppliers on ebay and elsewhere, however when I looked recently I struggled to find anything attractive, that didn't cost almost as much as a fully functional watch.

A while back I did see lots of those cheap and nasty big copper frying pans pretending to be "Rose Gold" cases on ali express, but nothing that actually came close to the "that would do" mark, far less made me say "wow".

If you do find anything that is particularly interesting, anything that has a little flair to it, but doesn't cost a small fortune, be sure to let us know.

Andy,

That's an excellent suggestion. I just tried it on this side of the pond and got back 1420 results. No end of variety. Some quite nice. Some appearing as if the designer's strategy was to create the ugliest possible product. Oh well, that's why both chocolate and vanilla are sold, I suppose.

I need to stop looking on ebay. It isn't good for my wallet.

4xCases.thumb.jpg.c955ca524619739f825315049669f799.jpg

NOS (new old stock) -  4 off 18k Gold plated 10 micron - £2.37 ea. (+P&P) -  Now all I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do with them.

I have lot of ideas, and even a bunch of NOS dials, and a random assortment of hands,  but I'm open to suggestions for movement, dial, hands strap etc.

Maybe I should run a separate dial design thread to see what the combined talents of WRT come up with. However that will be in a few weeks when I get back from my holidays, and hopefully they have been delivered from their random corner of the money sink that is ebay.

I'm also going to do some dial printing experiments, using a technology that is somewhat alien, yet oddly familiar, but I'll leave that idea dangling to see what wild speculation it stimulates.

I think ebay is your best bet. Unfortunately most of the case all look the same. If you have a linisher and polishing machine you can significantly change the look to make something unique.

Best of luck

O