Question about jeweling

Hello i watches the video on here about how to replace jewels. I guess i need to get a set of jewel opener and closers but i have a K&D staking set which has the reamer holder and the pushers. but it does not have the jeweling attachment. I have 2 questions

1. do i need to get the jeweling attachment or can i just push them in by hand, i noticed they do have handheld jewel pushers. or can i get a seitz jeweling base but will it work with the K&D reamers?

2. Where can i buy jewels? i usually work on very old watches from 1910-150 i was going to get a vintage assortment but i learned that those assortments never have what i need since most of them are for 10L size or less. I work on trench watches which are usually 11.5L-13L.

3. what is the difference between reamers and pushers? and how do i tell the difference between them?

1. You’ll struggle to get the end-shakes correct and potentially push too far if you just use a staking set. The only time when it can be ok is when you insert a jewel which is to sit absolutely flush with a plate/bridge/cock as you just use an oversized punch. Note that you need different tools for “rubbed in” jewels (setting opener / closer).

2. It’s worth getting hold of scrap movements. Otherwise job lots of jewel selections appear on eBay. Apparently you can buy Chinese-made synthetic jewel selections but the colour may not look correct on your antique pieces. 

3. A reamer is just a cutting broach, but in the case of a Seitz it will look short and have a fitting such that it can be held in the tool. A pusher is the end-piece which fits the plunger and is chosen to suit the jewel size. Have a look at an online scan of a Seitz accessories catalogue or similar.