Omega Seamaster 300M Chronograph Hands For Cal 1164

I've just refurbished a rusty 1164 movement following marks video of the Valjoux 7750. It running like a dream. I have a new seamaster 300m dial for it but now need some genuine omega hands.

Anybody know the ref numbers for silver skeleton hands to fit the 1164 please.

Also while I'm on the subject does anyone know a site that references omega cases and compatible movements that fit?

Thanks all !!

I usually use Cousins for my Omega parts - you can search by movement for hands and dials etc.. you search by case number for crowns, bezels etc.

This may change next year when the Swatch Group drops the hammer.

That's the double bind that Cousins gets you in. If you want a new case for a movement, then it's mandatory that you know the case number. But, if you don't know the number, how can you order a case - or hands - or anything else?

I would have thought that calibre was more important than case.

Willfly that's my problem.. I use cousins all the time but sometimes there referencing methods are floored. I have found some hands which look correct at cousins but there is no information of the pinion sizes,lengths or calibre. Product code: x28178, omega part number: 065PZ3988.

I always use the Omega Vintage Watch database. You can search using calibre or case number.

I punched in 1164 and it came up with a list

This is the 300

Seamaster300 Diver watch Reference 2598.80.00 International collection 1993 Movement Type: Automatic (mechanical) Caliber number: 1154/1164 Cal. 1154
Created in 1992
25 jewels
Cal. 1164
Created in 1995
25 jewels
Functions Date, Chronograph, Chronometer Case Stainless steel Case back Screw-in Dial Blue, “wave ” design, with super-luminous hour markers and skeleton hands Crystal Scratch-resistant and anti-reflective sapphire Bracelet Stainless steel Water resistance 300 meters
14468.jpg
The reference is the case no. Heres the link    Hope its a help 

With regards to Mark,s comment "Swatch Group drops the hammer". In this months (November)  bhi mag there is an article on the 33rd Hong kong watch & clock fair. In the article it states that Asian industry heads discussed issues related to the industry. The principal question at the seminar was the impact of the Swiss monopolistic policies of restricted parts supply. It reported there are" legislative moves afoot in France & Germany that may well have some impact on these restrictive practices"

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on this or is it just a false hope.

Edited by clockboy

Fantastic job, its a shame you may not be able to repeat this in a couple of years time if those idiots at Smersh Spectre err Swatch have their way, mind you, I expect there will be a good supply of pattern parts coming out of the Orient by then.

Speaking about the Orient, I wonder if the Japanese will take advantage of this market issue and try to supply parts too....Orient is a well known brand of mechanical/automatic in house movements, just like Seiko that might be interested!

Speaking about the Orient, I wonder if the Japanese will take advantage of this market issue and try to supply parts too....Orient is a well known brand of mechanical/automatic in house movements, just like Seiko that might be interested!

I would guess that China will lead the charge.

Thanks for the kind words.

I chose this movement carefully for my first chronograph restoration.

As its base calibre is a valjoux 7750 I knew I could get parts cheaply and easily. I cant see omega clamping down on this one. Also hopefully having a good resale value as its a prestigious brand. You don't see many 1164 movements for sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this is a rude question, but I am very curious...

What did this transformation cost, from the rusted Omega to the parts? i have been amazed at some of the watch transformations I've seen on this website and Mark's videos, but I have no idea what things cost.

• 2 years later...

Hi chrisbuxton27, 

Thought this forum is from 3 years ago, i am having an issue with my 1164 movement, it stopped working, i would like to know how did you refurbish the movement, it will be a great help if you can share information/document/videos. this is my first time working on a automatic watch, i know it takes a lot of patience and skill, please help me .Thanks in Advance

Raj