• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AdamC
      Hello,
      I have a lovely antique cylinder escapement pocket watch that I've serviced and got running beautifully but now I have a problem with the minute hand falling off. I think it's known as a pin hole fitting hand. On measuring the hand it shows approx. 0.40mm, and then on measuring the arbor diameter with the vernier guage, it's also 0.40mm so it's very near but won't even grip when mounted. Photos provided of the job.
      Does anybody have a technique I can use to get the hand to fit?

• By daveincarthage
      Got a ladies Omega De Ville in an auction lot today. My limit for repairs to this point has been installing batteries. The watch runs but runs several hours fast. 
      I know there are a few reasons it could be running fast. I don't have a degausser but suspect it could be magnetized. 
      What are some other things I should consider or questions I should ask if I take it in for repair?
      Also, do you know if there was originally a plastic retaining ring to secure the movement in the case? There was none when I opened the back.

Thanks in advance!

• By jakobvinkas
      Hello!
      Not sure if this is the right place for my question since I do not intend to do the repair myself. However I am wondering if anyone knows an approximate price of a tachymeter for the Omega 3520.50 day-date (tripple date).
      If anyone has any idea what a insert and the "repair" would cost at a watch shop, please let me know.
      Thanks in advance.
      Jakob

• By east3rn
      Hello. 
      I am about to work on a Omega ladies automatic watch.
      I found out that the axis of the rotor is out of place and shakes up and down.
      What could be done in this situation?
      Thanks!

• By arkobugg
      Cheers mates!!
      Had to get new winding stem to an Omega cal. 342 , beacuse not original crown.
      Got an replacement from Ronda, but does not fit.
      Tried to fit the stem yesterday, but Im not able to get in in right in the movment.   The original just go right in every time, but the new Ronda stem will not go properly in.   Are there anyone that have some ide why this not fit?   Can the notch in the stem where I have put red arrow have somthing todo with this??   Its slightly smaller on the Ronda stem...  se photo  

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• This was my first thought, I demagnitised it. No change. The hands do align as they should. Thing is it's following a very regular pattern of irregular behaviour if that's a thing haha!.. again this morning it had only lost a few seconds overnight and having tested it again just, it's not gaining or lossing very much at all. It will be interesting to see as the day goes on and the power reserve builds back up if it starts to rapid gain once more. Thanks all, I will update later   
    • After working on it for a few months I've think it's time to create a specific thread about the Ingersoll Sealion that @Johnnie offered me on that thread here. I already had made a custom bezel for it, as neither Johnnie nor me ever found anyone available on the web, but I had made it a little too "aged" and to "orange" so it didn't really matched the color and condition of the dial. So yesterday I've decided to redo that bezel and, while there, do some more renovation work. So I've dismantled it once again, polished the case, crown and caseback a little more, used some toothpaste and polywatch to get a nice clear and shiny plexi. After polishing the caseback I took a close picture and saw that it certainly had, at a time, some brushing on the flat part which is engraved ... so I've decided to try to redo that brushing and here is the result ... CASEBACK AFTER POLISHING CASEBACK REBRUSHED   After casing the movement and before putting the caseback on, I've took some pictures of the Ronda 1217-21 movement ... RONDA 1217-21   INGERSOLL ENGRAVING 1217-21 MODEL ENGRAVING SWIIS ENGRAVING ... so that movement is definitely Swiss And the nice Ronda star with RL inside ... probably meaning "Ronda Lausen"   And now today's wristchecks ... showing the "finished" watch with it's new bezel, less aged and more reddish ... Maybe some day I'll dismantle it again to redo the lume, which is almost "dead" ... of course if I do that I'll take care to make the lume really low, as it should be on a 43 years old watch ...
    • Perhaps, but if we don't call out these restrictive practices when we find them, we have simply given in to the bullying tactics. I agree that trying to put the bell on this particular cat may not be the world's top priority, but none the less we cannot simply ignore the problem either. 
    • Welcome to Capitalism, Liberalism, contemporary Chinese Communism, and let me throw Neo-colonialism in there too. These are the well accepted standards in 95% of the world now. Right. But, who has invested and is able to to make an object or part supposedly has the right to sell for the profit goals that he freely decides. That according to common sense and the laws that "we" accepted since centuries. Good luck meeting them, if he can, then must be taxed accordingly. Ooops.. I've mentioned taxes and international business, are we sure that is all right in that field?  Many individuals on the planet have become incredibly rich, but (most of) the states are deeply in debt, so many be is not right? Then about the non sustainability of consumerism, with which I'm also horrified. What about all the other bad habits and luxuries of the Western World plus India (for those that can afford it) and China? I am referring to pervasive use of private transportation, cheap flying everywhere, these are the most directly related to pollution and energy reserves depletion. Food wastage and pervasive packaging does not help either. And then we like to run countless refrigerators, and heatings even when maybe it is not really required, the list could go on. Some soothe a bit our guilty conscience supporting ecologism initiatives, international aid to poor countries, etc. I will be happy if these will do some, but I'm afraid it will not. Right now a lot of people in the world has lost income and are really struggling, they will jump on anything that will let them pay off their debt and feed themselves, I don't think they will listen to any "sustainable economy" argument. The fact is that unfortunately, sustainability means degrowth, at least in the short and medium term. And nobody has ever been elected promising that, actually word in is an euphemism for depression. In my country the Green party has practically disappeared, but the problems they were fighting have not. Concluding. Do I like how the world works, no. Do I have a recipe or idea for that to change, or hope that it will? Not really. I just try to limit my behaviors that are shamefully anti-planet or enrich who's rich already. Admittedly, I have mixed results in doing that, probably just like all the others reading here. But, when it comes to what is luxury, unnecessary item like mechanical watches, it doesn't really prevent me to sleep the notion that some rich people in a rich country dictates their rules when it comes to extracting money from other (more or less) rich people. I focus on economical / used watches which personally I like, for which is easy to find parts, good thing they also very popular so I can also do a bit of trade and build reputation with guys in my same social range. If someone comes with a part that can't be had I try to find an alternative solution, explain that "Swiss are just like that", and move on. I find pointless and a bit narrow minded to keep beating the drum against Swiss watch brands policies when the world is devastated by immense greediness, injustice, and plain craziness.  
    • Hi Guys  I hope you have all been keeping safe and well.  Since I ended up with my grandfathers Timex Marlin I have been down a bit of a rabbit hole. What started out as a simple set lever change has spiralled in a very short space of time into a bit of an obsession. Admittedly, along the way I broke a pallet fork (or two) while bending dial feet, after carrying out a  "Timex Service", I also damaged an escape wheel ..and a hairspring ... But the M25 specifically has been a brilliant starting point for me gaining experience with working on watches.  I went from using the service manual and photos at every stage, asking lots silly questions and relying on the patience and generosity of all you guys (particularly Transporter, JerseyMo, AndyHull & watchweazol) to a point now where I am buying job lots of parts & separating them into individual projects and sourcing more... For me the connection hasn't stopped there as I learnt along the way that a number of my Wife's relatives worked for Timex in Scotland and I was able to have some great conversations with them about the history of Timex and some stories behind watches I have been working on.  I just wanted to share my experiences a little and give thanks to everyone that has been patient with me and helped me along the way, hopefully in time I can start to pay it forward in some ways and no doubt Ill have more questions soon.  Cheers  Dave