Date quickset not working

chrisdt

This is an AS 1911 which according to Ranftt should have date quickset. The stem does move though 3 positions but they are right in...wind...second position...wind...right out...hand change. So before I dismantle completely...Anyone have any ideas what might be missing or broken. I don't actually know how the quickset mechanism works so any help would be appreciated.

P1010019.JPG

P1010018.JPG

Hi Chris ,  Dr ranfft says quickset by repeated pushing on the crown.

I have several watches of this type including a longine, seem to me all them push crown quickests can do is to malfunction. See of the one you got actually sets date by pushing on its crown.

Can't see any parts that should make a quickset. Some of this AS movements have a function so you can wind the hands between 21and 24 and change the date. 

Are you sure that movement is correct? The bridges has different color and finish. The trainwheel bridge says 21 jewels. 1911 is a 17 jewels movement. Looks a little franken to me. 

Edited by rogart63

The 1911 came in a 21 jewel version too, there are of course small changes made depending on the watchmaker receiving the watch, like the color and so on, the bridge seems ok think it's just the angle of the photo. Guess the most look at RANFFT when searching for an answer on their quest of which movement they have and in this case it says just 17 jewels but the picture is a later one with 21 jewels ;)

In this case i would to start looking for parts on the floor since a quick look on the date part shows a spring with no function on the top part of the movement ....

The date jumper comes on where you have the spring by itself , took the time to pick a watch apart so you can see how it should be put in place. By the looks this watch needed a cleaning anyhow.
Below one can see the different variants of the same movement..

AS_Part.jpg

Siblings.jpg