RyMoeller

Omega 1045 / Lemania 5100 Part

Question

I recently acquired an Omega Speedmaster automatic from the 1970's that has the Omega 1045 / Lemania 5100 movement inside.  Long story short- the previous owner tried to service it and made a mess instead.  I've managed to source all the parts I think I need except one for the automatic works- the Stop Spring (part no. 1414).  This looks like a part I may be able to fabricate but if the original is available I would prefer that.  Unfortunately I've come up empty with my usual suppliers.   Cousins is the one one who may have it, but it's Restricted which I suppose means you need to be an Omega authorized technician (which I naturally am not) to purchase.

249946333_ScreenShot2019-01-11at8_55_14PM.thumb.png.feb369084ff51100686d48fc88915b64.png

If anyone has a lead to follow I would be most grateful for your assistance.  This piece is a proper mess right now but I think I'm close to bringing it back from the dead.

IMG_5476.thumb.JPG.766c29ec33ce3b6040ba019090fbb784.JPG

9 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, RyMoeller said:

Thanks Stuart- I can't imagine why I didn't think to check Watchguy's listing.  I've sent an inquiry to him today.

You’re most welcome! I enjoy the challenge. There’s one here too

http://www.oltenwatch.com/product.php?productid=18862

One day I will write a list of how to find watch parts!!

Hello @RyMoeller,

I looked up the part using Bestfit MATSYS and, if you come across any of them, these are the only cross references I found that use that spring: Rodania (Lemania 5012) and Tissot 2910.  I just checked Borel, but A/8767 is out of stock.

667658083_ScreenShot2019-01-12at8_48_38AM.thumb.png.ed3a9cc22bd4a06ef60a366ec1bf58ef.png

J

Edited by noirrac1j
updated info

3 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

Hello @RyMoeller,

I looked up the part using Bestfit MATSYS and, if you come across any of them, these are the only cross references I found that use that spring: Rodania (Lemania 5012) and Tissot 2910.  I just checked Borel, but A/8767 is out of stock.

667658083_ScreenShot2019-01-12at8_48_38AM.thumb.png.ed3a9cc22bd4a06ef60a366ec1bf58ef.png

J

Thanks J- that's very helpful.  As @rogart63 pointed out- I just discovered that ETA is producing a movement that's based on the 5100 again so I'll try that avenue as well.

I must say, it's a simple spring and a very "common" shape. You can easily fit a similar spring from many other scrap movements (or springs assortment) to that recess in the plate.
Yes and no, it has a sort of raised portion at the business end, that sort of does the business . It's also surprisingly light in force for its size.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By IOB
      I have a UG Tri-Compax from the 1950s or 60s (Calibre 281): The chronograph (centre) seconds hand can’t turn past 58.5 seconds and the whole watch stops ticking/working (nothing moving/turning in the movement). However, when the reset pusher (4 o’clock) is kept pressed, it enables the seconds hand and watch to move/tick again. The reset pusher is released when the chrono seconds hand reaches 60: the watch resumes ticking and the hands move until the chrono seconds hand reaches 58.5s again. The process is repeated.

It has been noticed that if the watch is held face down then the reset pusher “procedure” doesn’t always work (i.e. the watch does not resume ticking/moving). It’s usually necessary to turn the watch over and try to press the pusher a few times in order to make the seconds hands move again.

The 30-minute sub-dial at 3 o’clock has stopped working, too.

If the chrono is not activated, then the watch seems to run properly.

What do you think is the problem?

Thanks for your insight!
    • By Usluyan
      Hello, everybody.
      I wanted to share my restoration stories that I have done for a long time and thrown into my archive. First I discussed the Atomic Mars 71 Brand using Valjoux 7734.

As it was seen, scratch and dial is broken. To begin with, I tried to brush the Case as Brushed and make it the first day. If it is decorated, I polished and re-painted the indexes (with acrylic paint). I usually do this in three layers so that the paint is not deleted in a short time.
      I replaced the case buttons and tubes with aftermarket buttons.
      Since the condition of the dial was in very poor condition, I had it re-painted. The quality is not so good. In Turkey, unfortunately, not doing the job well.
      Caliber 7734 (Valjoux) is a special and robust mechanism for me. With good maintenance and lubrication, you can reduce deflection values up to 3-4 seconds per day. I added a short timelapse video about it :)
      As a result, such a result came before us.
      Thank you
      Taskin
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKH6yTKUfpM

• By daveincarthage
      Got a ladies Omega De Ville in an auction lot today. My limit for repairs to this point has been installing batteries. The watch runs but runs several hours fast. 
      I know there are a few reasons it could be running fast. I don't have a degausser but suspect it could be magnetized. 
      What are some other things I should consider or questions I should ask if I take it in for repair?
      Also, do you know if there was originally a plastic retaining ring to secure the movement in the case? There was none when I opened the back.

Thanks in advance!

• By jakobvinkas
      Hello!
      Not sure if this is the right place for my question since I do not intend to do the repair myself. However I am wondering if anyone knows an approximate price of a tachymeter for the Omega 3520.50 day-date (tripple date).
      If anyone has any idea what a insert and the "repair" would cost at a watch shop, please let me know.
      Thanks in advance.
      Jakob

• By jackie01
      Hello guys,
      I want to show you my lately restoration project. This time it was a Seiko 7015-8000 with blue dial. Watch came to me in very poor condition. As you can see on photos the case was scratchty, crystal was totaly tarnished with deep scratches. Everywhere was dirt, gunk and mud...yuck. Movement was running and stopping with very low amplitude. After opened the caseback I wasn't suprised - it looked like as case - dirt and signs of wear. Rotor was loose and fall out the case. When I take off the crystall I saw dial which had faded Seiko logo, some scratches and hands which lost their lume.

Next step was strip down the movement - everywhere dirt and dry old oil. Time to cleaning bath

Look at this - it's my temporary balance wheel stand - I suspect that from temporary it will be permanent. It does job well.

After cleaning it's time to assembly movement. Now it looks better - maybe not pristine but clean and shiny. New oil here and there and movement starts to run. Now it's time for bench testing before install it to the case.

Meanwhile I took care of the case, dial and hands. Case got some polishing work - not to much cause I didn't want to loose the sharpness of edges. That is effect:

Dial and hands got new lume - I am not perfect in this work but I still learn to do this. Additional the seconds hand was repainted to orange color. I didn't change the crystall but i just polished it with waterpaper and on the end polish paste. Effect suprissed me. Time for the  pleasant work - putting this all pieces together into the watch.

VID_20190927_195610.mp4