Hi,

I'm Mark and live in Leeds, West Yorkshire.  I've been interested in watches for a few years.  I have a few nice, new(-ish) watches - a longines hydroconquest, a rolex and an omega speedmaster.  My main interest is vintage watches though - particularly British made watches.  So I have a few Smiths watches (Astrals, Empires, a couple of Deluxes and a W10 army watch) along with a few Services, Newmark,  Westclox (Scotland) and Timex (Dundee) watches.  I also have a number of random e-bay purchases from Oris, Poljot and others.  I am very much a beginner, but have had some success repairing watches.  I'm looking forward to learning lots on this forum!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Thanks for the info. The Rodeo is remarkably similar to this. https://www.uhrwerksarchiv.de/movements/c/crc/crc-960/ .. but perhaps is closer to this. https://17jewels.info/movements/c/crc/crc-860/   It has the cruder balance, but a different "shock" spring arrangement as opposed to what looks suspiciously like glue on the example here.  The "LiJac" is certainly from the same stable, but even simpler in its construction.
    • Well I won't try until I've sorted all the other problems out. If its too difficult I might try making a tool or perhaps purchasing the chinese version. Thanks for your assistance .
    • That's what I was saying. That ring holds the bearing to the rotor. Try putting that ring back. I think you'll find it very difficult.
    • Hi all, was just wondering what was the very first proper watch other forum members ever owned? In my case it was a Nidor Vibraflex 17 jewel manual wind, that my nan bought me in 1966. Hopefully one will pop up on eBay as I have lost the original ! 
    • I usually get to tinker with it later on when it’s dark. I just bought two 15W cool light - light bulbs for the room, it helps a little but it’s not great, it’s too high in the ceiling. Ideally I could do with something behind me (from the side) and fairly close to cancel the shadows but having a floor lamp would be very awkward. Ideally I’d like something I could put on the desk, sort of a spot light that’s powerful and I could move about and direct the light where I need it.