Tool identification please

transporter

I've something very similar somewhere, came as part of a lot one at auction a few years back.

One could be used to measure the spring thickness while the other would be used to measure the spring height.

NAD

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Ok thanks guys, I take it the one with the split down the middle is used to measure spring thickness by sliding said spring down the split until it stops, and the corresponding lowest line/mark is the thickness measurement to be read?

And the other tweezer like tool you just lay the spring in a slot and the one that it fits gives you the height?

i must say a vernier gauge does the same job, along with a micrometer.

That's the idea with the thickness and yes you're right that a micrometer would do the same.

I didn't notice that the other tool was tweezer like so it may be that it's a watch hand holding tool rather than as my first thought to measure spring height. See link below for one currenty on sale to allow you to compare and decide for yourself.

https://www.esslinger.com/bergeon-30004-brass-watch-hand-holding-tweezers/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nad said:

That's the idea with the thickness and yes you're right that a micrometer would do the same.

I didn't notice that the other tool was tweezer like so it may be that it's a watch hand holding tool rather than as my first thought to measure spring height. See link below for one currenty on sale to allow you to compare and decide for yourself.

https://www.esslinger.com/bergeon-30004-brass-watch-hand-holding-tweezers/

You are correct with that one.