Greetings from NH

DrJimi

Greetings all. Lifelong engineer/scientist (now retired) with a passion for anything mechanical, from a watch movement to a Rube Goldberg device. Stumbled across Mark's videos on YouTube and was totally hooked by the topics, style, knowledge and quality of the presentations. Good with my hands and hand/eye type activities, but as yet overawed by the miniature size of watch movements - things seem to large in Mark's detailed videos :-) Fascinated to learn how these things work, although I may never put that info to practical use - we''ll see. Recent owner of what appears to be a very good Chinese replica of a well-known watch. Unscrewing the back was a revelation. And it's still running :-)

Best to all, Jimi

• Like 1

Greetings all. Lifelong engineer/scientist (now retired) with a passion for anything mechanical, from a watch movement to a Rube Goldberg device. Stumbled across Mark's videos on YouTube and was totally hooked by the topics, style, knowledge and quality of the presentations. Good with my hands and hand/eye type activities, but as yet overawed by the miniature size of watch movements - things seem to large in Mark's detailed videos :-) Fascinated to learn how these things work, although I may never put that info to practical use - we''ll see. Recent owner of what appears to be a very good Chinese replica of a well-known watch. Unscrewing the back was a revelation. And it's still running :-)
Best to all, Jimi

Welcome here ... and never say never [emoji6]
3 years from now I didn't thought I would ever try to even open a watch.
3 years later I have renovated about 10 wristwatches and I even serviced some of the movements.
I must admit that I have an advantage as, being myope since I'm four years old and now presbyopic since my early 50ies, the older I get the better my near vision is.
Sometimes aging sounds great [emoji39]

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk