Chadders

Sekonda Click springs

I can't find any reference numbers on the movement, it looks similar to a Z2009B but as a complete novice to watch repair i'm a bit stumped. The old spring had rusted and snapped so I'm not sure what the original actually looks like. It seems to originally had 2 x 90 deg bends at either end which are a) captured by a locating hole on the chassis,bridge of the watch and b)the other end is caught by the rotating click plate? I could really use a glossary of terms so I can describe the problem better. Either way it won't wind or hold the energy of the main spring. Its not an expensive watch, it  just has sentimental value.

1 hour ago, Chadders said:

I can't find any reference numbers on the movement, it looks similar to a Z2009B but as a complete novice to watch repair i'm a bit stumped. The old spring had rusted and snapped so I'm not sure what the original actually looks like. It seems to originally had 2 x 90 deg bends at either end which are a) captured by a locating hole on the chassis,bridge of the watch and b)the other end is caught by the rotating click plate? I could really use a glossary of terms so I can describe the problem better. Either way it won't wind or hold the energy of the main spring. Its not an expensive watch, it  just has sentimental value.

Old Sekonda where called Luch. Think i have a Raketa or a Vostok spring that would work. Does it look like this? https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1EKKP_enSE769SE769&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=NtksXJiWFqiOmgXT_p-4Cg&q=luch+++movement&oq=luch+++movement&gs_l=img.3...171612.172940..173434...0.0..0.89.398.5......1....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i7i30j35i39j0i8i7i30j0i5i30.fuAUJHmXJsw#imgrc=fl0ZZa-sYzCqpM:

I have repaired / serviced many  Sekonda's but that movement is new for me. Most Sekonda's as based on Poljot movements. You might have to remove the click spring and then make one from a Shepards hook which you can purchase from Cousins. 

8 hours ago, clockboy said:

You will probably find a generic click spring at Cousins. Suggest a pic which would be helpful for further help.

Its identified as a Slava 2414, parts on order from Cousins. Many thanks