Intro

wharryman

Old interest in watches dating back decades. I am retired and have time to pursue the hobby. My wife and I do jewelry as a "business." But we would starve if we really had to rely on that work. I recently inherited some watches from my mother's and father's estates, nothing earth moving but and old Omega, an Elgin, a Tiffany which I  have found is a Movado movement,  and a Patek . Unfortunately, the latter it is a plain ladies watch without any features. There are also a few G shocks, Accutrons and some no name watches. I have tried to collect some tools to make the hobby more interesting. I have tried to avoid the "Harbor Freight" level and am sticking with good quality Swiss tools. I am sure that I will have many questions and appreciate advice. Only two broken parts so far. 

Bill Harryman

Hi Bill and welcome. This is a superb forum. I doubt you will ask a question that won't be entirely answered. Loads of really knowledgeable friendly people who will help you. There will be times when you #### up and feel like #### ! That's when you realise how good this forum is. Regards Johnnie, ps happy healthy new year to you and yours.