watch tins

dwhite

Does anyone know where to buy those round metal watch tins with slip covers in bulk?  I ordered a case years ago and forgot where I got them and need more.  I'm not even sure I'm using the right terminology but a lot of google searches  haven't turned up what I'm looking for.  I can find them individually priced but they are way more than I paid before.  Thanks in advance, Dan.

1 hour ago, dwhite said:

Does anyone know where to buy those round metal watch tins with slip covers in bulk?  I ordered a case years ago and forgot where I got them and need more.  I'm not even sure I'm using the right terminology but a lot of google searches  haven't turned up what I'm looking for.  I can find them individually priced but they are way more than I paid before.  Thanks in advance, Dan.

they are antiques.  vin

Do you mean the aluminium ones? They are available from cousinsuk. I bought the square ones from same supplier. And also have some small round plastic boxes i bought from a company that sells paint. The aluminium ones are great but open up to easily. https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/aluminium-pots-in-cardboard-box

Edited by rogart63

3 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Do you mean the aluminium ones? They are available from cousinsuk. I bought the square ones from same supplier. And also have some small round plastic boxes i bought from a company that sells paint. The aluminium ones are great but open up to easily. https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/aluminium-pots-in-cardboard-box

I was looking for the tin plated steel ones.  Last ones I bought were about $40 for a gross but I can't remember where I got them.

6 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Have you looked in other places? Like cosmetics and laboratory? Just as an example. https://www.sks-science.com/metal-tins-and-cans-p-2016.html

Bingo!  I would never have thought to look at a scientific supply company.  When I bought my first gross 20 years ago several watch supply houses had them.  They are perfect for storing movement, wrist watches and many pocket watch movements.  I wrap the movements in tarnish preventing watch paper and put a cotton pad on top and bottom for cushion.  (The round cotton pads ladies use to remove makeup available at walmart for next to nothing.)  Never had a movement rust or tarnish and they are super protected.  Thanks everybody, Dan.

• Like 1