Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I opened up this watch to replace the battery. It seems the metal piece is over it a bit keeping it in place. Is this a clip I need to move or open before removing the battery? Do I need to remove the tiny flathead screw(s)?
    • agreed. didnt think the rolex was real but if it was and he didnt have the rolex movement and the ETA is always better than a clone. AP yes mark does have a video on the 7750, and there are a ton of other videos as well. update when you fix that spring  
    • Hi    Brandon You do realise this could be the start of somthing big,  With regard to batteries in watches they come in all sorts and sizes, some just pop in and others have a little clip which needs to be sprung to remove the old battery and sprung again when fitting. Others have a metal strap across the battery, This has to be released. At one end is usually a screw the other end being clipped into or under the frame or back plate. To remove this type requires you to release the screw and swing the clip away from the head or remove the screw altogether, Use a cocktail stick or such to hold the spring when releasing the screw as they can jump away never to be seen again. Tools required, watchmakers screwdriver set, case back tool or knife for the snap- ons  tweezers Plastic or non conductive tipped and the case closer set which you have found out that not using the correct size dies cracks the crystal. good luck in your endeavour.  If in doubt ask on the forum some one will answer your question for sure.
    • If you're talking about something like a set bridge or springs and jumpers for a chronograph or similar the standard steel  in the U.S. would be O-1 oil hardening steel. Starrett sells it, you may find cheaper elsewhere. Bergeon used to sell little packs of steel sheet in different thicknesses, you may find some old stock on Ebay. It seems quite similar to O1 in my experience. Other Swiss suppliers used to sell larger sheets in 0.10mm thickness increments but not anymore and it's quite tricky to find in small quantities.
    • The one in the center is labled for clock work very similar to the one you purchased as you can see the watch makers ones are more versatile with all the stakes and stumps and a full array of punches.. I hope this was some use for your information