Omega 564 - Amplitude gain & lose over over again

NoMercy

Please  take a look at the clip at full HD: my Omega 564 after service is running weird. Amplitude gain to 23x then drop to 20x and repeat over over again. If anyone have the same issue before can you guy share your experience?

Many thanks,

That is strange its almost as though you have an inconsistent flow of power through the movement. I presume when assembling all the wheels ran freely with no sudden stops. I did have encountered this once when I forgot to lubricate the cap jewels in s certain positions the amp. dropped off but yours is doing it without moving the watch. Hopefully someone else here on the forum, might have encountered this and point you in the right direction.

Normally the escape/balance is the issue but in this case looking at your readings this appears not to be the fault. It will be case of elimination. Perhaps remove the balance and escape and see how freely the movement runs with a wind. It should run freely without any deviation part from slowly running down and it should not just suddenly stop. If all looks OK perhaps look at the barrel bearings and check for end shake maybe the barrel is not revolving freely. 

What fun !!!

This could be an eccentric 4th wheel, I didn't time it but the cycle seems close to a minute. Perhaps a bent pivot, perhaps damaged pinion leaves on 4th wheel. I don’t know this movement but if it is central seconds with supplemental pinion at center it could be bent and rubbing in center tube, same if ghe 4th wheel itself is central.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check the period over which it occurs. If it’s 60s then check the 4th wheel as suggested, but I think it would be more likely to be the CS pinion if it’s a Cal 564 with indirectly driven seconds: polish the shaft of the pinion and inside the centre wheel. 

• Thanks 1