Heiden 4 slot watch winder (stand up) counterfeit?

Anthony1979

Hello. My question is about Heiden watch winders. I have found a local sale post where a person is selling 2 of these for $165. She claims they work fine. the problem is that she has no manual, and she claims there is no logo or specs (plate) or any info on them. (see attached pics). I am wondering if these are counterfeit. Would this company, who sells this item for $450, not have thier brand and specs on the winders somewhere. do these get faked? is this normal? She cant come up with any model number and says  there is nothing on the machines. I looked these up, the ones being sold now have a different pattern. idk if i am looking at an old model. I also found a listing of users manuals that can be downloaded (based on the model number). i know its possible this woman doesn't know anything about them and maybe cant find the info. just wondering if I could be looking at fakes. I am going to look at these tomorrow. with a retail value of $450 each, i am getting a great deal (both for $165). just want to make sure i am not going to see some cheap knockoff winders. do these look legit, and is it reasonable that they have no branding or model number on them? thanks in advance

Screenshot_20181221-125957.png

Screenshot_20181221-125954.png

Screenshot_20181221-125951.png

Screenshot_20181221-125947.png

Looking on their site, I see they all have a logo, the manual you can get on line. My personal feeling is they are a waste of good money. You have be repairing many automatic watches per day to need one. I used to wear the automatics on my wrist and up my arms, its far cheaper.

i was just gonna keep the automatics in the winders all the time. no worries that way right? i would love to know more about how ro keep autos working good. i dont wabt the ones i have to get ruined. id also like them to stay set so i dont have to set em every time i choose to wear one. i thought 8 winders would be the perfect solution.

ok she found the brand mark (pics attached). she still cant find the model number, but ill look in person. gotta test em and all that anyway. my big question is whether the pros here think these are legit heiden winders. all opinions welcome. thanks 

Screenshot_20181221-145705.png

Screenshot_20181221-145709.png

Edited by Anthony1979
adding pics

• 3 months later...

Hmm it's difficult to tell from just some photos. But did you see they are selling on Amazon for $275? Just hundred bucks more and imo it's worth it for the piece of mind: https://www.amazon.com/Heiden-Watch-Winder-Black-Leather/dp/B004LBPB7Q

I have the Olymbros Quad Winder which I am very happy with. Highly recommended, though a bit pricier (review and Amazon link here)

• 1 year later...
On 4/9/2019 at 7:24 AM, ClockMeister said:

Hmm it's difficult to tell from just some photos. But did you see they are selling on Amazon for $275? Just hundred bucks more and imo it's worth it for the piece of mind: https://www.amazon.com/Heiden-Watch-Winder-Black-Leather/dp/B004LBPB7Q

I have the Olymbros Quad Winder which I am very happy with. Highly recommended, though a bit pricier (review and Amazon link here)

Some people have pointed out to me that the links doesn't work anymore. So here's the correct watch winder review link. Enjoy!