rduckwor

Watch repairer closing his shop

If this is inappropriate, please delete the post.

I have an acquaintance who is closing his shop due to health after 43 years.  He has a large quantity of parts, stems, crowns, crystals and all the paraphernalia one would accumulate after a long period in the business.  He needs to liquidate his shop.  This isn't a "Hey do you have a __ for a __." kind of post.  We're talking serious stuff here.  Mass quantities.   If you need parts, equipment, etc. for your practice, please let me know.  I will pass along his email contact  to you.  Obviously, this is useful primarily only to those in the U.S. due to shipping costs.  But he has a huge amount of useful goods and is 100 miles South of Atlanta.  PM me if you need something.

Thanks,

RMD

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Michael1104
      Anyone know a supplier that would have orient watch parts. In general orient doesn’t supply parts I guess and it’s been hard to find on eBay. I have an EM60 repair. The crystal was damaged and whatever damaged it burned through and burnt the inner bezel and I cannot find a bezel with the same markings. Any help would be awesome.

• By BasementBob
      Hi folks, just discovered this site tonight.
      I am mostly a newb, although I have experience with smallscale work from electronics.
      I have recently gotten into watch building, not from scratch mind you, I buy the movements...
      I recently came into a Luminox, with a Ronda 515 movement in it.

The movement runs slow with a brand new battery.  I figured for $20 from Esslinger, the easiest fix for me at my level of skill was a new movement, rather than disassembly,clean,lube,re-assemble.
      So, I bought the movement.
      While trying to remove the crown from the stem, I learned the quality of the loctite/cyanoacrylate/whatever that Luminox uses to fix their crowns to their stems.
      *sigh*
      does anyone know where I can buy Luminox replacement crowns?
      I have hopes that I can remove the stem fragment from the crown, but those hopes are quite small.  I only have about .200 - .300 thousandths of the stem protruding from the crown.
      Yes, next time, remove O-rings, then apply heat, THEN unscrew the crown.
      Having problems uploading a photo of the crown.
      ANY help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
      Thx,
      Bob
    • By Cont3mplation
      Hi all. I'm absolutely brand new to the world of mechanical watches, but have always been fascinated by the way they functioned. So, I took my first step into them, getting myself a cheap, crappy ebay mechanical watch with a chinese movement. I knew that by all accounts this would be a rubbish movement and mechanism, however I wanted something that I could take a look at without risking any sort of investment, gauge my interest in the hobby etc. However, after receiving it, one of my friends let me know that he had a near identical cheap watch that was broken, and offered me to have a look at it as practice. I agreed, and have spent the last few days doing research and taking it apart, before putting it back together again. I've managed to learn quite a lot from it, however I've found that when putting it back together again, the pole of the escape wheel that keeps it in place either end seems to be too short, as though something had broken off. This means the wheel is sat basically loose and wont reach the crystals at either side to keep it in place while it spins. I see no way to fix this, so i intended to get a new wheel to replace it with, however I can't find the name of this type of movement anywhere. It is the kind used in this: ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jechin-Skeleton-Hand-Wind-Leather-Mechanical/dp/B00VPRZC50/ref=asc_df_B00VPRZC50/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=290896788181&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13027367026987882679&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9047006&hvtargid=aud-545868369748:pla-468442151749&psc=1 ) . If I really wanted to I think I could just order one of the other watches that I've found that use this movement for £5-6, however I was hoping I might be able to keep to my strict student budget and get just the escape wheel somewhere. Does anyone know where I'd be able to find something like that?
      p.s. Apologies for the lack of knowledge on the subject, I know I'll come across a bit new to the whole thing, but trying to learn as I go
    • By east3rn
      Hello.
      I am now working on a vintage "trench watch" movement from 1910s that I mentioned before with a question regarding identification of the movement.
      (I still haven't got the exact ref. of the movement.)
      As I was disassembling the movement, my screwdriver slipped and broke one of the parts that function as a spring for the click.
      I tried looking for replacement but I am not sure what I should look for.
      Also, one of the jewels on the  wheel bridge is broken so I need a jewel as well. 
      Could anyone advice me on how to find the correct part for click spring and the jewel for the wheel bridge??
      **Could the click spring be put back together??
      Thanks. You are always of great help.

• By PaulnKC
      All,
      I am very nearsighted (between -6 and -7 in both eyes). With astigmatism. Now, in my late 50's I also have significant nearsightedness.
      I thought a flip up visor - which I could wear with my glasses would be best. I purchased an OptiVisor with a flip-down loupe. But not happy at all with the visual quality.
      I know you get what you pay for in optics. What is the best type of device for someone with old-bad eyes.
      I have never used a regular loupe - but thinking that may be the way to go. Any of you guys (or gals) have a reccomendation?
      -Paul