Movement identification

MattWatch

Hi Y'all,

Could anyone help me identify this movement at all please?  I need to try to source a stem/crown for it as it came to me without either.  I suspect some sort of cheapy Chinese (or other) effort?  I mean, it sits in the back of a fake Omega Seamaster so I doubt we're talking high end here :)  However, my mate likes the watch so I'd like to try and get it sorted for him.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20181218-130513[1].png

Cheap Chinese you said ... cheap Chinese it is.

DG 2813 ... DG meaning Dixmont Guang Zhou ... or nothing as there are certainly multiple manufacturers.

You can find stems on the net but the problem is you could pay $9 for the stem only and $16 for the complete movement.

Depending on where you live some close forum member could send you one (I'll check my drawers and I'll tell you).

Another problem  is : do you have the crown ?

If you don't have the crown ... I'm not certain that watch deserves the effort and money you could put in.

If you still have the crown and your mate really likes it you could swap the movement and put a better one inside :

Miyota 8215 ($50 and you can keep the same handset) reasonnable choice

- 2836 clone ($90 and you must source a matching handset so spend more $) the best choice in my opinion if your mate wants to keep the watch ... don't forget you will have to modify the dial's feets.

- wait for a used ETA2892-2, source a matching handset and put that in the watch case ... then search for a 1120 Omega rotor so that that fake Omega watch can have a faxe Omega movement inside ... I'm just kidding of course

But, once again, the question is "does that watch deserves the money and work ?"

You should show us the face and some details.

• Like 2

Go to http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html and scroll down to the DG3806PB movement. Similarities to yours are there and so, yes, this is a Chinese movement. [You've only shown the rear of the watch so the exact model may be different depending on the features; double check through other movements]. Towards the bottom of the page you'll see stems advertised to fit these DG movements for $4 a piece; I'm sure there are other sources too.

The kind of informative and comprehensive replies that are typical on here - thanks so much.

Yes it unfortunately doesn't have a crown either, so I'd need to source a screw down crown that fit as well, which might prove a little tricky.  I kinda like the idea of swapping the movement for another though, might be a fun little project.  Will have a think on all this.

As you asked, here is the front of it.  I actually *gets ready to run* don't think it looks too bad :/  Ok, when you get in close you notice actually the numbers don't look quite right, the bezel doesn't line up exactly at 12, but at a sideways glance.....

No?  Anyone?

SM.JPG

@MattWatch you're welcome :)

All the movements I've listed are the same diameter of 11.5 lignes but only the Miyota 8215 has the same hands specs (H : 1.50 - M : 1.00 - S : 0.17) than the DG2813 ... you can check those specs on ranftt wach archive.

I'm just looking at the watch face and I don't think it deserve much more than a 2813 so you'd better source a stem and crown and stop there.

In addition to the copy errors you already pinpointed you could add that the Helium valve is misplaced (not certain but 90%) and the pearl is yuck.

But that watch is still a nice one so, even if it's also an illegal one, as your mate like it you should put it back to life.