Regulating a 7750 with Etachron

Giuseppe

Question

I'm having some unexpected behaviour from a eta 7750 that I'm trying to regulate after servicing.

I went through service procedure using correct lubricants.
Everything went fine. Actually I have some doubt on lubrication of incabloc wich I'm not sure I did correctly since I'm afraid that too much oil was placed in one of the two stones.
The fact is that when I finished I wasn't brave enough to clean and lubricate it again ... shame on me but I felt that task to be very very difficult.

Anyway after reassembling the watch I had it at my wrist for a week and it showed a great consistency at -10 sec a day.
It'a stop grade movement and resting at night in DU, DD 9UP and 3UP positions always showed something between -14 -6

I was very happy with that result and I thought that a little regulation would have brought it to a very fine time keeping.

Then I reopened the caseback and slightly moved etachron arm, that was resting in a nearly neutral position, in the + direction.
Nothing happened (measuring with timegrapher open source app)

Did it again, another slight push.
Nothing

? ok I must have gone the wrong direction, then pushed all the way toward   - 
Nothing happened.

Ok this is annoying, all the way toward +
nothing

here I am, 
what I'm I missing?
How come moving the regulator arm from - to + does not make any variation?

I'm lost

4 answers to this question

• Similar Content

• By Mazboy
      My latest project is an ETA 7750 which happens to be inside a rather large Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro (H327161) watch.  I'm trying to remove the movement from the case but it doesn't seem to be very conventional.

The dial is a lot bigger than the movement and the rear of the case so it seems to be a front loader:

I've found what looks like a badly damaged slot on the side of the case but not sure if this is the way to open the front of the case or just someones previously failed attempt:

Trying not to damage the case further and wondered if anyone else had worked on a similar watch and could advise please.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
       Maz

• By Colditz
      I have a flash shortcut to ETA labs 7750 calibre that showed assembly dis-assembly. It no longer works due to Adobe flash reaching EOL status. I visited ETA labs web site to see if there was an alternative and lo and behold  no access to anything technical at all. Does anyone know how to get access to what we use to have access to? Looks like protectionism has escalated.

• By Displacement
      Hello WRT! Glad to have found your site, the resources here are incredible for a beginning hobbyist like myself. 
      I purchased a project LeJour 7000 (Valjoux 7750 powered) that is currently running hilariously fast- something like +2 hours per day. I purchased it with the intent to drop in a modern, more decorated 7750.
      The LeJour has a Day/Date dial (Seen here) but I've found a date-only 7750 that would fit the bill. Is it possible to use this movement and just add the day wheel from my current movement? Is the underlying hardware all there?
      Even better, what is the best way to research the parts necessary to do the conversion?
      Thanks all!
    • By Mickeycz
      Hello,

I'm new here and into watch/horology world as well. I recently tried to replace the dial on my 7750 watch.
      1) Open the wathc case
      2) removed rotor
      3) removed stem (gentle push of remove stem pusher and pull the stem out)
      4) removed the movement from the case
      5) put movment to movement holder
      6) removed hands
      7) removed dial
      8) put new dial
      9) pressed the hands back, hovewer during setting it up I realized the movement is not running - even when I wind it up - it is solid/stable and not ticking at all.. 
      Kind of out of ideas what can went wrong, the movement was functional correctly before..

Thank you for any ideas.
      Mickey

• By mousekar
      Hello All,
      I'm wondering what tool is commonly used to manipulate the regulator arm? I've used everything from tweezers to a plastic stick used to help open up computers. My main issue is that all of the things I've used are risky for slippage and I find it incredibly hard to just nudge a little when you're really trying to dial in the timing. I would think there would be a special tool for this (there's a special tool for EVERYTHING), but I haven't managed to find such a tool if it exists. Today I made my own tool using an old broken spring bar tool that I reshaped that should make life a little easier, but I'm very curious to see what everyone else is using.
      thank you