New Seamaster 300 weird going ons

Blubarb

Hi all.

This Omega 210.30. Seamaster 300m played up and then resolved itself.  It seemed to be running about 10 secs per day fast. I decided I would check its accuracy by timing it against the atomic clock app. When I fully extended the crown into the hacking position to set the watch I noticed that moving the minute hand also moved the seconds hand. Possible tight canon pinion?

https://

But here is the weird thing: The seconds had "shift" has miraculously resolved itself after a few days of repeating the action. Did I loosen the canon pinion by winding the hands around the dial?  On testing it against the Atomic clock app over the last 48 hours the watch is now running at + 3 secs per day well within cosc specs :thumbsdown:
Can a tight canon pinion cause the movement to run fast? If so how?  Thanks. 
Edited by Blubarb
clarity

18 minutes ago, clockboy said:

I suspect the second hand was not seated absolutely straight and was slightly rubbing on the minute hand. After a while it has corrected itself.

That sounds perfectly reasonable, but why the increase in time keeping while that was happening but then returning to "normal"  and more expected time keeping after it corrected?  Could the second hand have been lightly pushing the minute or the minute pushing the seconds at points in the rotation?  You think it would slow it down.

Edited by Blubarb

Could have been an oiling issue on this Cal 8800?  Seems to have settle now. 

for what a cheap timegrapher is worth here are some results in Dial up position:

IMG-3902.jpg

IMG-3901.jpg

Edited by Blubarb